Scalp ezcema, seborrhoeic dermatitits and dandruff is a condition that plagues many people, young or old..
Scalp eczema can start in children as young as one year old and can continue well into adulthood. This is particularly distressing for the child’s confidence and self-esteem. Other children who may not understand the condition may bully or make fun of the child; other parents, ignorant about it, may think it’s contagious and exclude the afflicted child from their own kid’s social events. In addition, the parents may experience disapproving looks from other parents or adults who think ‘Tut, tut – that child is neglected by his/her parents. Why can’t the parents do something about it?’
The eczema produces reddened inflammed sores that periodically ooze, build up of dry scales, persistent itching, painful lesions, severe scarring and permanent damage to the hair follicles resulting in hair loss. It is not a pretty sight to see a young child walking around with patches of hair on their head.
Eczema is an illness caused by toxaemia – not surprising given the amount of preservatives, hormones and additives in modern diet & processed foods. .
Children and adults who suffer from scalp eczema should have their hair treated like fine silk – with utmost gentle care, using the simplest and most natural of regimes. Pre-disposition to eczema & seb derm tends to be genetic ad run through families. All it takes are the right sort of conditions (wrong hair care products or wrong sorts of food) to trigger flare ups.
When the right diet is adopted, including eliminating triggers, and the right sort of products are used, eczema and seborrhoeic dermatitis can be very well controlled.
Here are some of my recommendations
- ……..chemically process the hair by perms, relaxers, dyes – you will only increase damage to the hair follicles.
- ………..put in tight styles – no tiny braids, tiny cornrows, or hair extensions – absolutely not!
- …….wash the hair with harsh shampoos that contain any form of sulfates – Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) is a chemical compound actually used to clean car engines! It’s certainly too harsh to use on the hair and especially on sensitive hair & scalp affected by eczema and seb derm. This Scalp Therapy Hair Cleanser is the best shampoo alternative I know for scalp eczema and seborrhoeic dermatitis. It doesn’t contain any chemicals or soap, which can worse or trigger scalp problems. Instead, it uses gentle plant saponins to clean the hair, mildly exfoliate the scalp (by easing off debris and build-up), and heal the scalp. It was made particularly for scalp eczema, seborrhoeic dermatitis, dandruff ad other scalp issues and it works really well.
- ………..grease the hair and scalp – EVER! Grease products contain chemical irritants which worsen the condition. I would highly recommend Scalp Therapy Soothing Balm. It’s made with just gentle plant ingredients, specifically for scalp eczema, dandruff, itching and seborrhoeic dermatitis. If you have bald/thinning patches and hair loss as a result of the scalp problems, this balm will also regenerate hair growth.
- ………go organic when you can and eliminate toxins from your diet.
- ………shellfish can sometimes be a trigger, so eliminate this from your diet as well if you have been diagnosed as been allergic.
- ………cut down on processed sugar & sugary drinks – use natural alternatives such as honey.
- ……….include lots of raw fruits and especially vegetables in the diet
- ………wash your hair with the unisex Scalp Therapy Hair Cleanser, formulated for seb derm & scalp eczema.. This not only clarifies the hair of excess product build up (which can exarcebate the eczema), but it also balances the PH level of the hair, heals the eczema, treats the scalp and promotes hair growth.
- ……..drink a detox tea – a safe blend for all (from babies to adults, and even pregnant women) is nettle leaf, dandelion root and dandelion leaf tea. Make an infusion of the plants and drink at least a cup 3 days a week. Add about 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to the cup. It’s delicious, sweetened with honey. It’s rich in essential nutrients, iron, vitamins, minerals and amino acids. It eliminates toxins from the body, balances the PH level of the internal system (including the kidneys and liver) and calms the body’ hyperactive immune response. It also nourishes the glands and entire body system.
- ………for persistent (and sometimes distressing itching), get your hands on the Scalp Therapy Anti-Itch Spray. It is perfect to use on the hair and scalp in between washes. It stops itching, soothes inflammation and calms flare ups. I also recommend that you follow it up with the Scalp Therapy Soothing Balm . These two used together on a daily basis is highly recommended.
To really get the benefits of the Scalp Therapy products, why not get the bundle of all the 4 products? It works out cheaper than buying the products individually. This way, you can wash your hair with the Hair Cleanser, then follow it up with the Calming Leaving Conditioner and for really dry hair/scalp, then use the Soothing Balm. In between washes, simply use Anti-Itch Spray with the Soothing Balm. These holistic, chemical-free products are all natural, so there are no artificial fillers to bulk out the products. This makes them so effective that a) you will only need to use a little at a time, which means they last so much longer and b) you will notice a very quick improvement to the condition of your hair & scalp. Oh yeah, and they ship worldwide for a flat rate too.
PS the products can be used from age 2 year old and upwards.
The products can also be used on ALL hair types and is suitable for both men and women
Here are the results of using TLC Naturals Scalp Therapy Products on the hair of a white (caucasian man) who suffered from scalp eczema and seborrheic dermatitis
Pictures from left to right:
- Left Picture – before using TLC Naturals Scalp Therapy hair products
- Middle Picture – after just 2 weeks use of TLC Naturals Scalp Therapy hair products
- Right Picture – after just 4 weeks use of TLC Naturals Scalp Therapy hair products
here are the results of using TLC Naturals Scalp Therapy Products on the hair of a black woman with natural who also experienced scalp problems, seb derm hair loss and slow growth.